We Consolidated Key Words, Phrases And Acronyms Into One Central Location.
This Glossary Will Help You Cut Through The Complexity To Fully Understand The Ins And Outs Of The Industry
- Yair Solow Featured on Bugy's Founder Interviews
- Centraleyes Chosen as Global Top 5 Startups of the Year - Interview
- Centraleyes on Cyber Ghost: Interview with Yair Solow
- Spotlight Q&A with Centraleyes at Safety Detectives
- Centraleyes Expands Automated Risk Register To Cover All Enterprise Risk
- New Centraleyes 4th Generation Release Officially Goes Live
- Yair Solow Featured on VPN Mentor
- Yair Solow on CNN
- CyGov Signs a Strategic Agreement with R3 (Spanish)
- Centraleyes Welcomes Co-Founder of Optiv, Dan Burns, to Its Board of Directors
- Centraleyes Continues to Expand Its Global Network of Strategic Partners with UK-based ITC Secure
- Centraleyes Introduces First Automated Risk Register
- Yair Solow Featured on Website Planet
- Trevor Failor named head of sales at CyGov
- CyGov is rebranding its platform as Centraleyes
- Cybersecurity Company Cygov Partners With Risk Management Company Foresight
- CyGov agrees strategic partnership with top 200 MSSP Cybriant
- Cyber Resilience Resource for Businesses Re-Deploying Remotely
- The Four New Pillars of Corporate Protection Yair Solow on InfoSecurity Magazine
- CyGov selected by SixThirty as Top Cyber Security Startup
- Europe's Top Cyber Security Startups
- CyGov Interviewed by MediaSet
- Eli Ben Meir's article in Security Intelligence
- Yair Solow on i24 News
- CyGov Selected by WorldBank
- Eli Ben Meir OpEd in the Houston Chronicle
- Yair Solow and Eli Ben Meir Present at the SparkLabs Demoday 8
- Enhance Your Cyber Maturity With ITSM Integration and Automated Remediation
- Ensure Your Ongoing Compliance With Automatic Framework Reassessment Tasks
- Stay in the Know With a Full Activity Log of Your Assessment Collection
- Add a New Entity to Perform Your Assessment in 10 Seconds
- Quantify Financial Risk With Centraleyes Platform Primary Loss Calculator
- Cover Your Entire Environment With Centraleyes's Risk Application Assessments
- Communicate Cyber Risk With Your Executives in an Intuitive, Beautifully Visualized Board Reporting
- Stay on Top of Your Vendors' Cyber History With In-Depth External Scans
- Automate the Creation and Maintenance of a Risk Register, Saving Hours on Manual Work
- Add a New Framework and Distribute Assessments in Your Organization
- View Your Organization's Risk Scoring Through the NIST Tiering Lens
- Most Intuitive Way for Compliance With the Framework Navigation Tool
- Always Prepared for the Next Task With Automated Remediation
- Effective Team Work With Drag-and-Drop Control Assignment
- Get Real-Time Critical Alerts That are Specifically Relevant to You
- MSSPs Can Manage Multiple Clients Under One Platform
- Onboard a New Vendor in Just 30 Seconds
- Turn Hours of Work Into Seconds with Centraleyes Vendor Risk Profile
- Always Informed with Centraleyes Domain Benchmarking
- Call for Restraint in the Race to AI
- Saks Fifth Avenue Added to GoAnywhere Victim List
- Beware: SVB’s Collapse Being Exploited By Scammers
- New TSA Regulations for Airlines Facing “Persistent Cybersecurity Threats”
- CISA Calls on Tech Developers to Put Security into Digital Products
- Social Engineering “Smishing” Attack on Coinbase
- GoodRx Gets a Taste of its Own Medicine
- Malicious Apps Abused Microsofts Verification Standard
- Drop in Ransomware Payments Show Victims Becoming Bold
- POC of CWP Flaw Leads to Live Attacks
- What Can’t You Do With Chat GPT?
- Centraleyes Goes Live with Dedicated Risk Framework for Small Business Based on NIST 7621
- Google Sued Again For Deceptive Location Tracking
- LastPass Attacker Did Reach Password Vaults
- Game Over for Epic
- Centraleyes Goes Live with the Latest Version of ISO 27001 2022 Standard
- 96% of Classroom Apps Share Student’s Personal Data
- Will the FBI Block Tik Tok?
- Massive Twitter Leak
- World Cup Cyber
- FTX Has Been Hacked
- Insurance Giant Settles Groundbreaking Lawsuit with Oreo Cookie Brand Mondelez
- White House Convenes Ransomware Summit
- FBI Warns of Iranian Hacking Group Ahead of Elections
- Verizon Verifies Data Breach
- Nullmixer Malware Madness
- Uber: MFA Bombing Attack
- Twitter: Don’t Shut Down- Get Better!
- Centraleyes Announces the Addition of NIST 800-53 to its Expanding Framework Library
- Centraleyes Adds the HECVAT Risk Assessment to its Expanding Framework Library
- Education Hit Hard by Ransomware
- Centraleyes Maps the FFIEC to its Expanding Control Inventory
- Third-party Services Breached for 2.5 million Loan Application Records!
- Credential Stuffing via Residential Proxy is on the Rise!
- Meraki Firewall False Positive Triggers Microsoft 365 Outage
- Centraleyes Announces the Addition of NYDFS to its Expanding Framework Library
- Vendor Breach at Idaho Hospital
- Centraleyes Maps PCI DSS to its Expanding Control Inventory
- CosmicStrand: Getting Down to the Root of the Problem
- How to Build a Successful GRC Program to Help Reduce Your Risk Posture
- How to Stay Secure and Compliant in a World of Regulatory turmoil
- Don’t Keep Your Head in the Clouds – How to Protect Yourself from Virtual Risk
- Flash Webinar: How to Know When it's Time to Build a Risk Management Program
- Enhancing Cyber Risk Management Through the Power of Automation - Boutique Webinar
- Flash Webinar: From Technical to Business Risk - How to Communicate With Your Board
- Flash Webinar: What You Can Learn From the SolarWinds Attack to Lower Your Chances of Being Breached
- Flash Webinar: Supply Chain, 3rd-Party Vendors and the Silent Assassin Among Them
- Flash Webinar: Cyber Risk Management - it Doesn't Have to Be So Painful
- What are the Implications of ChatGPT for InfoSec?
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework 2.0: Tailoring to the Needs of Industry
- Understanding Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Analysis in Definitive
- Mapping HIPAA to ISO 27001: A Comprehensive Guide
- 4 Practical Risk Mitigation Techniques To Apply to Your Business
- Using the Hierarchy of Cybersecurity Needs for Incident Response
- How Much Does SOC 2 Type Compliance Cost?
- The Simple Guide To Maine Privacy Law
- What Are the Main Benefits of Network Access Control Solutions?
- The Complete Guide for IRS Publication 4557 - Safeguarding Taxpayer Data
- Third Party Risk Management Software: The Essential Elements and Features
- The ISO 27001:2022 Update - Everything You Need To Know With Changes Listed
- North Dakota Privacy Law: What You Need To Know
- An Introduction to the Hawaii Consumer Privacy Protection Act
- What is Maryland’s Personal Protection Act?
- California Privacy Rights Act: What You Need to Know
- New Jersey Privacy Act: What to Expect
- What is Cybersecurity Risk Posture and Why Do I Need It?
- What is the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA)?
- Compliance Audit Trails: Why They're So Important
- What is Vendor Risk Assessment? The Definitive Guide for 2023
- Preparing for ISO 27002:2022 - What Do the Changes Mean for You?
- Cyber Risk Dashboard: The Metrics That Have Value for the Board of Directors
- The Importance of a Remote Access Policy
- Best Ways to Reduce Compliance Costs and Still Stay Compliant
- Top Cybersecurity Threats to Prepare for Before 2023
- Supply Chain Risk Management Explained
- The Full NIST 800 53 Checklist: How to Prepare for an Audit
- Top US State Data Privacy Laws To Watch Out For in 2023
- What is the NIST 7621 Cybersecurity Framework, and How Can it Help Small Businesses?
- Integrated Risk Management Software: A Complete Guide
- The SOC 2 Compliance Checklist for 2023
- Virginia Consumer Data Protection Act: The Most Important Things to Know About
- Top Cybersecurity & Third-Party Risk Management Trends to Follow in 2023
- Common Types of Network Security Attacks and How to Prevent Them in Your Enterprise
- Why is Threat Modeling So Important in 2023?
- What is the Underlying Theory Behind the Zero Trust Security Model?
- Why Use Automated Compliance Solutions in 2023
- The 10 Best Compliance Podcasts You Should Listen To In 2023
- Steps to Identify Controlled Unclassified Information and Protect It
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Dr. Brian Callahan, Graduate Program Director & Lecturer at [email protected], and CISO at PECE
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Chris Grundemann, Research Category Lead for Security and Risk at GigaOm
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Barak Blima, CISO at CHEQ
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Tony Velleca, CEO at CyberProof and CISO at UST
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Rob Black, CEO and Founder of Fractional CISO
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Zachary Lewis, CISO at the University of Health Sciences and Pharmacy in St. Louis
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Dan Wilkins, CISO at the State of Arizona
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Sagar Narasimha, CISO at Amagi
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Seema Sharma, Global Head of Information Security & Data Privacy at Servify
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Shay Siksik, VP of Customer Experience at XM Cyber
- Cyber Leaders of the World: Raz Karmi, CISO at SimilarWeb
- Proactive Risk Management
- Corporate Security Audit
- SOC Trust Services Criteria
- Risk Prioritization
- Vendor Assessment
- Automated Risk Assessment
- IT General Controls
- Cyber Security Risk Register
- Cyber Risk Score
- Risk-Based Security
- Cyber Security Ratings
- Common Vulnerability Scoring System (CVSS)
- Attribute-Based Access Control (ABAC)
- Access Control Policy
- Security Orchestration
- Cyber Risk Remediation
- ESG Frameworks
- FAIR Training
- Cybersecurity Architecture
- Risk Management Maturity
- Crosswalking Controls
- Attestation of Compliance (AoC)
- Cyber Attack Vector
- Information Security Governance
- Operational Resilience
- Digital Risk Management
- EDR Solutions
- Cyber Threat Modeling
- Information Security Management System (ISMS)
- GRC Tools
- Cybersecurity Posture
- Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC)
- Cybersecurity Audit
- Information Security Risk
- Supply Chain Compliance
- Compliance Automation Software
- Cybersecurity Risk Analysis
- IT Vendor Risk Management
- Cybersecurity Performance Management
- Cybersecurity Incident Disclosure
- What is the average cost of penetration testing?
- What are the 4 things that PCI DSS Covers?
- How do risk heat maps help in effective risk management?
- What are the components of inherent risk?
- What Are the 7 Phases of Incident Response?
- What are the Five Elements of Risk Management?
- What are 3 COSO Internal Control Objectives?
- What are the 19 categories of CUI?
- What are the phases of an incident response plan?
- What are the Elements of an IRS Data Security Plan?
- What Are the Primary Components of Vendor Risk Management?
- How Do You Create a Data Classification Policy?
- What are the Steps in a Vendor Management Audit?
- What Are the Steps to Conduct a Robust Vendor Risk Assessment?
- What is the Purpose of Access Control Matrix?
- What is the NIST Cybersecurity Framework’s Approach to Risk Management?
- What is the Difference Between IT Security and IT Compliance?
- What Do Common Vulnerabilities and Exposures Represent?
- What are the types of attack surfaces?
- What Are the Benefits of a Compliance Automation Tool?
- How does FAIR fit into cyber security programs?
- How do you monitor third-party risks?
- Why Do CISOs Need to Quantify Cyber Risk?
- What Are the 4 Common Causes of Data Breaches?
- What Are Examples of Reputational Risks?
- What Can be Monitored with CCM?
- How Can Finance Companies Manage Vendor Risk?
- What are the 4 Steps of the Vulnerability Remediation Process?
- Do Any Laws Apply to Typosquatting and Cybersquatting?
- How do you implement the NIST cybersecurity framework using ISO 27001?
- How long does it take to get SOC 2 compliance?
- Why is due diligence necessary when dealing with external vendors?
- What should be included in an incident response plan?
- What is the purpose of cyber security insurance?
- How to Develop Internal Controls to Mitigate IT Security Risks
- How is the GDPR affecting cyber risk management?
- What is the Cyber Supply Chain Risk Assessment Process?
- How do we build a privacy program?
- How Do You Evaluate Cybersecurity Risk?
- What are Cyber Security Risks in Retail?
Resources | Glossary
What is proactive risk management? Proactive risk management is the concept of dealing with risks before they happen and figuring
A security audit systematically evaluates a company’s information system’s security by gauging how closely it adheres to predetermined standards. A
Just how do the SOC2 people decide who qualifies to certify? The answer lies in the SOC 2 Trust Services
Risks may be infinite, but our time and budget (sadly) are not. Risk prioritization is the process of analyzing identified
Businesses have to purchase goods and services from third-party vendors regularly in order to develop their products and maintain internal
Cyber security is a complex topic that strikes fear into the hearts of any stakeholder that could potentially be held
What are IT General Controls and why do we need them? IT applications are a core part of almost everything
The risks may vary but the goal does not: reducing risk through remediation or mitigation. Risk registers are not a
What is Cyber Risk Score A cyber risk score is a numerical assessment of the level of security of an
What is Risk-Based Security Risk-based security approach addresses security risks by first identifying and evaluating threats facing the organization. A
What Are Cyber Security Ratings Cyber security risk ratings are an important metric for businesses to consider when assessing their
What is CVSS Scoring Cybersecurity is an all-encompassing state of protection from unauthorized use of electronic data. It is an
What Is Access Control? Network users must be authorized and authenticated in any organization before they are allowed access to
What is Access Control Policy Considered a key component in a security plan, access control policies refer to rules or
What is Security Orchestration Security orchestration is the first of the SOAR cybersecurity acronym. Gartner introduced the SOAR (Security Orchestration,
What is Cyber Risk Remediation? Cyber risk remediation is a process of identifying, addressing, and minimizing cyber vulnerabilities and risks
What is ESG? ESG (environmental, social, and governance) is a term used to represent an organization’s corporate interests that focus
What is the FAIR model? The FAIR model introduces a unique method of risk management. Training in the FAIR Institute
What is the Definition of Cybersecurity Architecture? Cybersecurity Architecture, also known as Security Architecture or Network Security Architecture, describes the
What is Risk Management? Risk management is the process used to manage risk in your organization. It also accelerates the
What is a Security Controls Crosswalk? A control crosswalk helps link two different frameworks by connecting an identical requirement, or
What is an Attestation of Compliance (AoC)? Attestation of Compliance (AoC) is a statement of an organization’s compliance with PCI
What is an attack vector? We’ll start with a biology lesson. Vectors are small organisms such as mosquitoes, parasites, or
The overarching concepts and values that govern how you operate your organization are known as governance. That has to do
Endurance in an Era of Uncertainty Operational resilience can be explained as the ability of a system to maintain operations
What is Digital Risk? Digital risk refers to the negative, sometimes unknown, outcomes that stem from adopting new digital technologies.
What is an EDR solution? EDR stands for Endpoint Detection and Response. The term originated as “ETDR” (Endpoint Threat Detection
What is Threat Modeling? Cyber threat modeling is a process whose goal is to identify the types of threats that
What is an ISMS? An information security management system (ISMS) involves putting policies, procedures, and controls into writing to create
An Introduction to GRC Tools GRC management has become a necessity. To integrate a GRC management strategy, a company must
What is Cybersecuriy Posture? This refers to an organization’s cybersecurity readiness. The vast majority of companies have moved all their
The CMMC, or Cybersecurity Maturity Model, is a program established by the Department of Defense to be upheld by contractors
What is a Cybersecurity Audit? A cybersecurity audit takes place to assess compliance, identify vulnerabilities and recognize any other problem
Information technology is an excellent opportunity for businesses to increase their capabilities, but it’s also a significant source of organizational
A supply chain is a delicate structure composed of multiple companies, decision-makers, and suppliers all working together to get things
Security and compliance have always been critical tasks in business operations, and management teams have always been looking for ways
A cyber risk analysis will involve looking at each and every cyber security related risk in detail, reviewing them as
Almost all companies need to purchase goods and services from third-party suppliers to manufacture their products and maintain internal operations.
As workflows become more digitized and the use of cloud tools and communication platforms becomes more commonplace, businesses are understandably
Surveys have shown that 7 out of 10 business leaders believe that cybersecurity risks are rising in recent years, partly
As business operations become more digitized and cloud-based, the need to address cyber security and data privacy risks is more
ESG stands for Environmental, Social, and Governance. These are the issues that businesses today are taking a stand on, and
Businesses rely on a multitude of software platforms and applications every day, from cybersecurity tools, accounting solutions, to customer-facing applications.
A Self-Assessment Questionnaire certainly sounds self-explanatory but when used to refer to the PCI-DSS, it takes on a more nuanced
The Digital Age has greatly improved the efficiency of business operations and boosted revenue for almost all industries involved. But
Zero trust network security is a dramatic shift in attitude towards network security resulting in restrictive access to networks, environments,
When you mention the acronym “RMIS,” most people think of claims management in the insurance industry. But the use cases
Businesses already have a compliance risk management program in place to prevent internal infractions of domestic and international regulations, avoid
From malicious fraud and cybersecurity breaches to small typos in financial statements, no company is ever completely safe from risks.
As work becomes more digitized and connected to the cloud, the risk of cybersecurity threats and attacks grows, and businesses
Cloud computing is more popular than ever before. The potential for new innovations and capabilities with Cloud Computing is endless.
Information Security’s high-level goal is to ensure the safety and privacy of critical data. An IT Security Policy lays out
Data classification plays an important role in ensuring that a given enterprise remains in compliance with applicable regulations. Having a
Data protection laws are becoming more stringent by the day as the threat of cybercrime has escalated in recent years.
What is Quantitative Risk? NIST describes quantitative risk as the “use of a set of methods, principles, or rules for
One of the key elements of any organization that uses Governance, Risk Management and Compliance (GRC) regulation tools is a
What is Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI)? CUI – Controlled Unclassified Information is information that is owned by the government and
In today’s business world, compliance plays a big part in every industry. Compliance increases safety and reduces risk. Staying compliant
Cyber Risk Management Cyber attacks today are complex and impact businesses on multiple levels: Loss of business continuity The cost
In today’s world, where we rely more and more on third parties and vendors for our business activities and needs,
What is an IT Risk Assessment? An IT security risk assessment is the process of assessing the risks facing your
Information security policy (ISP) is a set of rules and processes for employees and affiliated parties that are created to
Organizations today are increasingly using more third-party vendors who help streamline operations and services to support their business. The outsourcing
The needs of businesses everywhere are changing. Thanks to the adoption of the Internet, digital data, and other technologies, cybersecurity
All organizations need to consider the laws and standards set by regulatory bodies when designing internal workflows, as the penalty
Businesses of all sizes and industries have to pay attention to the government regulations that impact them. The penalty for